Free, Open and Extensible
ViSta is Freely Redistributable.
ViSta is an OPEN software system
- All of the code is available to the programmer. This includes both the Lisp code for ViSta and the C code for XLisp-Stat.
- This code can be used as the basis for developing new code that extends the system's capabilities.Open, but with moderation!
- ViSta 5.5 is being distributed with a moderated open source policy. Rather than distributing the sources with the standard download, the distribution is being moderated by the developer. If you need access to the source code you must obtain the password from Forrest Young.
ViSta is an EXTENSIBLE software system
- Programs written in Lisp, FORTRAN or C are accessible from within ViSta.
- New model-objects can be written to extend the range of desired model-objects that perform major, "prepackaged" statistical computations.
- New graphical-objects can be written to implement new statistical graphics ideas.