ViSta is designed for a wide range of users. It is particularly useful for those learning statistics and for their teachers. It is being used to teach:
ViSta is also designed to be used for research and development in computational and graphical statistics.
- Introductory Statistics
- Multivariate Statistics
- Computational Statistics
- Graphical Statistics
ViSta is designed for an audience of users having a very wide range of data analysis sophistication, ranging from novice to expert. ViSta provides seamlessly integrated data analysis environments specifically tailored to the user's level of expertise.
- Guidance is available for students and novices.
- A structured graphical user interface is available for all users.
- A menu interface is available for users who don't need guidance.
- A command line interface is available for sophisticated users and those who don't like graphical interfaces.
- Multivariate data analysis procedures are available for students in multivariate analysis.
- The complete Lisp-Stat (Tierney, 1990) programming environment is available to researchers, graduate students and programmers who wish to extend ViSta's capabilities.
- GuideTools are available for teachers and other experts to create guidance for students and novices.
- Applets can be written for web-based distance learning.
Copyright © 1996-8 by Forrest W. Young. All rights reserved.